1/2 a medium-sized pumpkin, skin removed, diced
2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled, diced
1/2 celery stick, chopped
1 carrot, peeled, chopped
1 onion, sliced
2 cups vegetable stock
tbs low-fat sour cream (or greek yoghurt)
rustic bread, sliced into cubes, toasted under grill (croutons)
1. Place all prepared (cleaned and diced/chopped/sliced) vegetables into a large saucepan with 2 cups vegetable stock and then fill the rest of the saucepan with water (until it is 3/4 full). Bring to the boil. Cook for about 30-40 minutes or until all vegetables are cooked and soft.
* Cooking time will depend on the size of your vegetables
2. Once all vegetables are cooked, set aside for 5 minutes. Then transfer them (as well as the excess water) to a food processor and blend until a smooth texture is formed
3. Remove from processor and into a bowl
4. Top with a dollop of sour cream (or Greek yoghurt), croutons and cracked pepper.
Author: Kira Arapidis